Sunday, August 16, 2015

First Week in Missouri

Dear Family,

Well the first week in the field has been going pretty good so far! My companion/trainer Elder Sager is nice (a bit quiet like me, which does make communication a problem, but nice) and he is the District Leader, so that has been an interesting experience.  We also live in a member couple's home and they are really nice.

This week has been pretty cool as a have met the people that are working with the missionaries, and people that are recent converts, and their stories have been awesome to hear and learn about. One investigator we have, Crystal, has been amazing because she gave up both smoking and coffee before I came, and has a baptismal date set for the 22nd of this month (August)! She really has a testimony that what she is doing is the right thing and that the gospel is true!

I have really seen the hand of our Heavenly Father working out here, and it has been awesome (though a bit humid) and it has been a great experience that I am glad I got to become a part of. I can't wait to see what else is to come. Also, I have somehow lost 5 lbs... I'm not sure how, but I guess that is what going from giant meals every day, to 2 eggs for breakfast, a sandwich for lunch, and the only decent sized meal being dinner from the members does to you.

Love,
Elder Beelek

No comments:

Post a Comment