Sunday, August 16, 2015

MTC

Dear Family,

Well the MTC has been awesome, and I am so happy to be here, the spirit has really blessed my life as I have felt it these past few days. My companion, Elder Hunt, (who I will hopefully be sending a picture of soon, I just need to wait for a camera cord from one of the Elders in my District who also has a Nikon) has been absolutely awesome, and I am so happy that the Lord placed me with him, he has been such a big help in my life as we go about our daily routine (though he is a bit more athletically oriented than me.) He loves movies though so we have been able to relate somewhat on that point, though I have a feeling the number of movies he has watched are vastly greater in number and mostly of a slightly different subject than the ones I watch... scratch that, I KNOW that they are different because he and the class clown of our district (Elder Smith) are constantly making references to them. But all in all, it has been great hanging out, and learning the gospel with them.

And so far, the entire District has been awesome, and it feels like I have known them forever, despite only knowing them since Wednesday. Though, that may be attributed to the fact that one day in the MTC feels like a small eternity when it's happening (don't get me wrong, they are all fun and it is awesome how strong the spirit is, but the days just drag on forever and ever, especially after dinner is over.) But we have been able to do so much, and we have already gone through some role playing investigations which have been awesome (it's were our teachers act as an investigator they taught on their mission, and are often still in touch with, so they will forward anything they feel that their investigator needs, that we taught, to their investigator.) and so far, we have felt great with one investigator, who the teacher actually let us have an intimidate return lesson with his investigator, Jordan, and we got to the point where we seriously offered him Baptism (he refused, but we feel in a few lessons we might get him to say yes, although sadly it wont be the real Jordan).

We also had an awesome first Sunday, we got to hear a talk form someone from the quorum of the 70, and he was really funny, and had an awesome talk, and is now my favorite of the 70 (Brother Allen) and we were able to see a talk by Elder Bednar that just blew me away (sadly you cant see it outside of the MTC, but for all of you my younger siblings who still have yet to go on a mission, when you get here, SEE THE TALK BY ELDER BEDNAR, LIKE WOW, AMAZING, and you can only see it here, so make sure you see that one your first film night on Sunday.) 

Love,
Elder Michael Beelek

No comments:

Post a Comment